The surge in HIT adoption has created a workforce shortage. tnREC has established an Educational Technology Advisory Committee (ETAC) to support the statewide HIT workforce development goals outlined by the Tennessee Regional Extension Center (tnREC), the State of Tennessee Office of eHealth Initiatives, and Health Information Partnership for Tennessee (HIP-TN).
Given the workforce development goals outlined in the HITECH Act and the “meaningful use” criteria stipulated by HHS, the ETAC’s objectives are to:
- Work in partnership with TN’s universities, community colleges and technology centers to identify best-practices in curricular content related to HIT and EHRs.
- Create a statewide HIT workforce development plan and communication strategy in harmony with the tnREC and HIP-TN goals and objectives.
- Identify challenges associated with the effective dissemination of educational content for continuing education and annual employee retraining programs.
- Identify future workforce development priorities and directions for improvement and enhancement.
Find out what colleges in your area offer educational and intern opportunities.
Do you need employees with the following knowledge? If so, consider a graduate of the ONC’s HITECH Workforce Training Program!
Completers of this program have years of experience either in IT or in health care before they enter this training. This program assures that upon completion, these individuals have the following skills/knowledge:
- Medical terminology/communication skills with health professionals
- Fundamentals of computer technology
- Clinical data query processes
- Hardware, network, internet and software concepts
- Clinical decision support
- Quality Improvement
- Patient Safety
- HIPAA/Privacy and Security
- Data mobility, mobile computing and telecommunications
- Team leadership
- Health IT standards, data structures, operating systems, networking and security
- Workflow and systems analysis and design
- Meaningful use of the EHR
- Development of staff training principles
- Healthcare data exchange
- Clinical decision support systems
- Patient monitoring systems
- Medical imaging systems
- Administration, billing and financial information systems
- Techniques to plan acquire and install EHR systems
- Health IT data flow processes
- Patient-centered care
- Communication and selection of EHR vendors
- Project management
To post your unfilled positions FREE OF CHARGE so that these qualified individuals may have access please go to http://hitregiond.pittcc.edu
For more information about Region D HITECH Workforce Development Training, go to http://hitregiond.pittcc.edu